London.pm leader election

Denny 2010 at denny.me
Fri Sep 24 15:45:11 BST 2010

On Fri, 2010-09-24 at 15:25 +0100, Nicholas Clark wrote:
> > > However, it can't organise pubs or techmeets, which makes it of limited
> > > utility.
>
> But *seriously*, it's all very well having a joke candidate, but if there's
> no-one actually getting the thanks (and CV points) for doing the work, no-one
> will. The joke candidate won't.

Seriously then, I propose that we consider being an autonomous
self-organising collective instead of having a leader.  Aren't pub meets
and tech meets (and dim sum, and heretics) already organised by
different people anyway?

Doesn't help with CV points, but might take some of the stress out of
things.

Alternatively, is there a duties and responsibilities list for the role
of leader somewhere?  That might lead to some more serious consideration
of good candidates for nomination.