Any Kernel wizards out there?

Avleen Vig avleen at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 17:50:33 GMT 2010

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 11:17 PM, Stefan Scheytt
<stefan.scheytt at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello there monglers and mongelettes,
>
> There are some oddball machines here running on HP
> server hardware with openSUSE 2.6.22 kernels that like
> crashing randomly. My feeble attempts to switch them
> over to a different, freshly built kernel with kexec/kdump
> slappen on it have so far been in vain.. mainly because
> the storage doesn't want to play ball.

Just curious - are you using XFS?
If so, there were some bugs fixed after 2.6.18 which expose problems /
corruption that was caused in 2.6.18 and before. This exposure results
in kernel panics regularly. If you have this, your only option is to
back up, wipe, reinstall.