Recommendation for simple Web Frameworks

Zbigniew Lukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 20:53:29 GMT 2011

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 9:39 PM, Simon Wistow <simon at thegestalt.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 06, 2011 at 07:04:13PM +0000, me said:
>> Before I write my own (or repurpose one of the hundred previosu ones
>> I've written) does anyone have any recommendations?
>
> Thanks, Dancer looks perfect.
>
> Is there a good rule of thumb with these things as to whether something
> should go in the middleware or not. My instinct would be: anything that
> requires application logic or config (like knowing how to connect to the
> datastore) should be in the app whereas stuff like, say, gzipping should
> be in the middleware with any blurry lines (OAuth support for example)
> handled using callbacks.

You can use App config in middlewares if you apply them in the
application code (right before returning the callback).  In Nblog I
for serving the static files from location that is in the application
config I use Plack::App::File (and combine it with my own application
using Plack::App::URLMap) - in principle I could use any middleware in
the same way.  Is that too convoluted?

--
Zbigniew Lukasiak
http://brudnopis.blogspot.com/