Recommendation for simple Web Frameworks

Gabor Szabo szabgab at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 08:26:19 GMT 2011

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 10:10 AM, John Imison <i at moe.co.uk> wrote:
> On 10/01/2011 10:29 PM, Dave Hodgkinson wrote:
>

>>> Out of interest, does anyone use CGI::Application?  What are  the general
>>> thoughts on that?
>>
>> As a dispatcher, it's fine. DBIC+TT+CGI::App is a framework :)
>>

> Great.  I'm glad to hear that some people on here are using it.  I've been
> using DBIC+TT+CGI::App for a little while and found the learning curve to be
> small/fast and wanted to knock something up quickly.
>
> Most perl irc channels were recommending Catalyst, Dancer and Mojolicious as
> the main frameworks and I was worried that there may have been something
> wrong with CGI::App that I didn't know about.  I guess the main difference
> is the 3 above are actively being developed?

I have been using CGI::Applications for many years. IMHO the biggest
problem with
it is its name[1]. AFAIK it the development is not that active because
the developers
1) do not want it to be a big framework like Catalyst
2) find that it has been mature for several years now
Even though I do things happening on the mailing list here and there.

I am now playing with Dancer because it is a new toy and
it has a cooler name than CGI::Applications.

regards
   Gabor
   http://szabgab.com/
[1] That was part of the reason for the repackaging as Titanium