Jobs in London

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Fri Mar 4 16:06:47 GMT 2011

On Fri, Mar 04, 2011 at 03:52:10PM +0000, Dominic Thoreau wrote:
> On 4 March 2011 15:32, David Cantrell <david at cantrell.org.uk> wrote:
> > Permanent employees are entitled to 20 days (I think) paid leave every
> > year at minimum, including public holidays.
> 20 if it public holidays don't come out of it, 27 if they do. This is
> not an alternative, it's a clarification. Some jobs (possibly not
> coding) may require 365 working, so it needs to be covered somehow.

Some programming jobs do require coverage all the time every day, as
the developers are sometimes the third or fourth level of tech support
as a punishment for them not writing good enough documentation for the
ops people :-)

In this episode, R2 and Luke weld the doors shut on their X-Wing,
and Chewbacca discovers that his Ewok girlfriend is really just a
Womble with its nose chopped off.