Jobs in London

Dominic Thoreau dominic at thoreau-online.net
Fri Mar 4 15:52:10 GMT 2011

On 4 March 2011 15:32, David Cantrell <david at cantrell.org.uk> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 03, 2011 at 10:13:05PM +0100, marcos rebelo wrote:
>>  - How much do a Organization pays as Indemnization in case of firing?
>
> Errm, what does that mean?  If you mean to ask how much of a pay-off do
> you get, it depends on the contract.  The legal minimum is one week's
> pay for every year of employment, with that week's pay being capped at
> something I forget.

£310, but this is only for every complete year of service after two
complete years. Before that you get nothing. There are some nasty
clauses that strip away lots of money, but as for this you need to be
over sixty it hasn't yet applied to me, so I haven't remembered it.

> Permanent employees are entitled to 20 days (I think) paid leave every
> year at minimum, including public holidays.

20 if it public holidays don't come out of it, 27 if they do. This is
not an alternative, it's a clarification. Some jobs (possibly not
coding) may require 365 working, so it needs to be covered somehow.
--
Nonnullus unus commodo reddo is mihi.
ABC*D1EFGHIJK2.LMNO3*4PQRST*ITUBE-STANDARD-ANTI-BULLSHEIT-EMAIL*U.56X