SystemTap hooks in Perl

Peter Edwards peter at
Tue Mar 8 17:45:46 GMT 2011

On 8 March 2011 14:01, Steve Mynott <steve at> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 08, 2011 at 04:23:04PM +1100, Toby Wintermute typed:
> > I've been playing around with Perl's SystemTap integration (in core
> > since 5.12.0), but I've been struggling to find any documentation on
> > it.
> Maybe this is of some interest?
>  <>
Anyone got recommendations for best practices for using perlbrew and

Used together they don't play nicely with the in my developer sandbox
local::lib which is compiled for 5.8.8.
I guess I'd need a separate local lib for each perl version and have
perlbrew switch the env vars for those at the same time it fiddles with the
perl interpreter settings or symlinks?

Regards, Peter