SystemTap hooks in Perl

James Laver london.pm at jameslaver.com
Tue Mar 8 20:18:08 GMT 2011

On Tue, Mar 08, 2011 at 05:45:46PM +0000, Peter Edwards wrote:
> Anyone got recommendations for best practices for using perlbrew and
> local::lib?
>
> Used together they don't play nicely with the Cwd.so in my developer sandbox
> local::lib which is compiled for 5.8.8.
> I guess I'd need a separate local lib for each perl version and have
> perlbrew switch the env vars for those at the same time it fiddles with the
> perl interpreter settings or symlinks?
>
> Regards, Peter

Which is why perlbrew essentially does this automatically. You have a
library hierarchy for each perl version, so just cut local::lib out of
the equation and use that. Alternatively, you could just write a wrapper
script to switch it and that would not only switch it in perlbrew but
also change the environment variables for local::lib.

/j