Webcasting the tech meets?

Andrew Black andrew-perl08 at mail.black1.org.uk
Fri Mar 11 12:51:15 GMT 2011

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 09:01:38AM +0000, Leo Lapworth wrote:

> I'm not sure what the advantage of a live webcast is over someone uploading it
> the next day? It would also be better to have it available for
> posterity rather than just live (I'm sure both
> could be done).

I agree with Leo.  If I can't make a tech meet it is usually because I
have something else on that night (and last night I had two other things
on!).   So  a live cast isnt going to help me.  OK other people might be
unable to get to the meet for other reasons.

My thoughts are in order of importance
 - Slides + Audio
 - Video
I have often found the video by itself doesnt give a clear view of the
slides.

Andrew