Getting 'make dist' to play nice with symlinks

Edmund von der Burg evdb at ecclestoad.co.uk
Fri Mar 18 09:42:31 GMT 2011

Hello,

I have a 't' directory in my project that looks like this:

evdb at candice ~/git/App $ ls -l t
lrwxr-xr-x  1 evdb  staff   18 15 Mar 08:34 test_data@ -> ../../../test_data
-rw-r--r--@ 1 evdb  staff  557 17 Mar 21:50 url.t

So 't/test_data' is a symlink to a dir further up the tree. It is
there because I want to use the same test_data for other packages
written in other languages.

Now I just want to run 'make dist' and have the symlink followed and
the files included in the dist. But it just ignores them. Have tried
EUMM, MB and MI. Have tried with and without the files itemized in
MANIFEST.

Am I being dense and missing something obvious?

Cheers,
  Edmund.

Edmund von der Burg - evdb at ecclestoad.co.uk
mob: +44 7903 420 689