Someone needs to take jwz aside...

Jérôme Étévé jerome.eteve at
Wed Apr 20 14:49:46 BST 2011

On 20 April 2011 14:18, Simon Cozens <simon at> wrote:
> On 20/04/2011 11:59, Peter Edwards wrote:
>> Go ahead and write CPAN modules requiring perl 5.12 and up to date Moose
>> then watch organisations throw Perl out the window and replace it with Java.

Is there anything better in Java? I'm currently looking at the 'zero
dependency' java twitter client Indeed it's got
zero dependencies, but it ships with its own implementation JSON, and
OAuth. I bet that if I find one that re-uses some kind of standard
JSON and OAuth module instead of re-inventing the wheel, they will
also have dependencies.

Over the years I was doing Java, I never found the dependencies
management being less a hell than with Perl.
I don't feel it's wrong for a CPAN package to rely on others that are
a de facto standards in the Perl world.

Jerome Eteve.