Like Moose attributes, but not

Simon Wistow simon at thegestalt.org
Sun May 22 18:20:35 BST 2011

Is there anything out there that gives Moose style 'has' with type
constraints but without needing all the other functionality that Moose
provides?

Class::Accessor and family are relatively lightweight and have a
'antlers' option that emulates the Moose syntax but don't have the
constraints system.

There seems to be quite a few on CPAN - David Wheeler's Class::Meta
seems to be the closest I've seen so far but I rather like the
declarative 'has' syntax of Moose although that would be relatively
simple to emulate.

Bonus points: I'm actually using this for a REST based app so the
ability to express ro vs rw for different roles somehow would be peachy
but probably beyond the normal scope of things.