Devel::Cover with Moose?

Peter Edwards peter at
Mon May 23 12:07:31 BST 2011

On 23 May 2011 09:27, Toby Corkindale <toby at> wrote:

> Is anyone else using Devel::Cover with Moose, much?
> I seem to get megabytes of warnings displayed even on trivial modules.
> It's trying to create MD5 digests of files containing the materialised
> functions created by __PACKAGE__->meta->make_immutable.
Similar behaviour with NYTProf

[edwarp11 at wsfmas26 dev]$ perl -d:NYTProf
[edwarp11 at wsfmas26 dev]$ nytprofhtml
Reading nytprof.out
Processing nytprof.out data
Writing sub reports to nytprof directory
  81% ... Unable to open '/home/edwarp11/dev/generated method (unknown
origin)' for reading: No such file or directory.
  99% ... Unable to open '/home/edwarp11/dev/accessor foo defined at'
for reading: No such file or directory.

A bit of Googling turns up a comment July 2009 from Tim Bunce
tim.bunce on Sep 30, 2010

Add preliminary (incomplete) test files
for #line handling and Moose.

I'd be interested in hearing if anyone has these tools playing together

There's not much Moose in the production code here and what we have was
added after our last round of NYTProf'ing so I haven't looked in detail at
the reports it produces yet.

Back to fighting with ActiveMQ. Feh.

Regards, Peter