Part-time Perl Developer Position based Reading, UK

Kieren Diment diment at gmail.com
Wed May 25 09:25:20 BST 2011

On 25/05/2011, at 5:59 PM, Dave Hodgkinson wrote:

>>> When hours/days are not mentioned I assume they want a small number of
>>> odd hours and some on-call stuff - without having to pay a FT staffer
>>> an on-call bonus :-/
>>
>> Personally I'd love a job like that, as long as it was all on a working from
>> home basis.  Which they rarely are.  :'(
>>
>> /Really/ fed up with commuting this week.

Once you get into the right circles, pure telecommuting across time zones, and god forbid acoss the International Date Line is fairly common. Not just in Perl land either.  But only for a particularly tech-savvy organisation/workforce combo.

Having said that I've been into the office about 12 times in the last month, which is masses for me (even though it's only 1/2 an hour each way by train and bike).