ActiveMQ (was Re: Devel::Cover with Moose?)

Daniel Pittman daniel at
Wed May 25 18:26:21 BST 2011

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 02:02, Dean Wilson <dwilson at> wrote:
> On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 08:19:07AM +0100, James Laver wrote:
>> You mean apart from RabbitMQ? Rabbit is also the most full-featured of any of the free message queues I've come across.
> Apart from HA, mesh networks and clustering. Rabbit is no where near prime
> time for that yet.

That is pretty much it: I would absolutely recommend RabbitMQ if you
don't need to scale, but ActiveMQ is the only robust choice I found if
you do need those things.  (For some values of clustering, obviously,
given the Erlang clustering that RabbitMQ can do. :)

⎋ Puppet Labs Developer –
✉ Daniel Pittman <daniel at>
✆ Contact me via gtalk, email, or phone: +1 (503) 893-2285
♲ Made with 100 percent post-consumer electrons