Perl under MacOS X

Steve Mynott steve at gruntling.com
Thu Jun 2 12:18:02 BST 2011

On Thu, Jun 02, 2011 at 10:05:00AM +0100, Nicholas Clark typed:

> Admittedly that's not the default - you do have to fiddle with the disk
> partitioning to create a case sensitive file system. And gcc is on the
> install DVDs. (And IIRC someone mailed here that if you did hard enough on
> Apple's site you can find the download for the previous version of XCode)

I've also wondered about creating a binary packaged GCC OS X which
isn't dependent on Apple tools (not on linkers, libraries or whatever).

I think it would be possible to use pkgsrc to build this bootstrapping using
the Apple tools (on a case sensitive file system of course!).

However life is too short so I just install linux VMs on OS X.

--
Steve Mynott <steve at gruntling.com>