Someone needs to take jwz aside...

Simon Wistow simon at thegestalt.org
Fri Jun 10 07:49:07 BST 2011

On Wed, Jun 08, 2011 at 10:57:56AM -0400, Matt Sergeant said:
> I'm actually liking it more than CPAN for publishing and installing stuff.
> The only weak area is lack of search.cpan.org.

My problem with npm is that it either tries to install stuff in some
random directory in my home directory or suggests, with a straight face,
that I chown -R $USER /usr/local

I'm kind of liking bundler for ruby - I list the deps (potentially from
svn or github), can set up contexts (including easily having different
deps for jruby vs ruby for example) and check the results into my VCS
and deploy them all really easily.