Smoking your own modules: What do you use?

Ash Berlin ash_cpan at firemirror.com
Mon Jul 18 10:48:19 BST 2011

One simple solution might be to use cpanm's --local-lib-contained option:

    -L, --local-lib-contained
    Same with --local-lib but when examining the dependencies, it assumes no non-core modules are installed on the system.

and then something like this:

make dist && cpanm -L $PWD/smoke_deps the_tar_ball-v1.0.tar.gz

(completely untested as with all the best advice on this list.)

-ash