Dear Git Users

Paul Johnson paul at pjcj.net
Thu Jul 21 22:46:46 BST 2011

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 10:16:42PM +0100, David Cantrell wrote:
> I have a single gigantic repo with all of my perl modules in. It should
> really be broken up into a seperate repo for each module. I would also
> like to move them to github. Does anyone have a recipe for this, which
> won't lose any history? You may assume that I have no branches and
> everything has always been in 'master'.

My notes from when I did this are here:

  http://pjcj.sytes.net/notes/2010/09/25#splitting_a_git_repo

I seem to recall moving stuff to github being fairly straightforward
once you worked out what needed to be done.  I'm afraid that I can
neither remember what I did, nor can I find the instructions on how to
do it on github itself.

Paul Johnson - paul at pjcj.net
http://www.pjcj.net