website maintenance gig available

Dave Cross dave at dave.org.uk
Wed Aug 3 15:18:47 BST 2011

On 08/03/2011 02:19 PM, Joel Bernstein wrote:
> On 3 August 2011 15:06,<Ian.Docherty at nomura.com>  wrote:
>> I agree with that, and the moronic email client that is forced
>> upon  me, but there is little I can do about it!
>
> Things you could do about it:
> 1) Sign up to the list from a personal email address rather than from work
> 2) Wait til you're at home (or use your mobile phone) if your employer
> prevents access to external webmail from their network
> 3) Avoid top-posting particularly when your client sandwiches the
> quoted message between your single line reply and your inappropriate
> enormous disclaimer

I agree that it would nice if everyone posted from a standards-compliant
email client and that companies didn't use ridiculous email disclaimers
that only seem to annoy people.

However, it's not a perfect world and we all have to live with little
annoyances. I can't believe that some of us are trying to hound someone
off the mailing list because they don't fit in with our idea of what a
geek should be.

I thought london.pm was an inclusive club. But what do I know?

Dave...

p.s. I've just been browsing some list archives from 1998 - where I was
top-posting from Outlook because it was the only mail client I was
allowed to use. No-one objected then.

Dave Cross :: dave at dave.org.uk
http://dave.org.uk/
@davorg