website maintenance gig available

Joel Bernstein joel at fysh.org
Wed Aug 3 15:32:46 BST 2011

On 3 August 2011 16:18, Dave Cross <dave at dave.org.uk> wrote:
> I agree that it would nice if everyone posted from a standards-compliant
> email client and that companies didn't use ridiculous email disclaimers that
> only seem to annoy people.
>
> However, it's not a perfect world and we all have to live with little
> annoyances. I can't believe that some of us are trying to hound someone off
> the mailing list because they don't fit in with our idea of what a geek
> should be.

I don't intend to hound anybody off anywhere. I find the sig a bit
tedious, particularly given the lack of a sig-separator ("\n-- \n")
which would make my client hide it, but I can live with it. The
statement that there was nothing to be done about it seemed a bit
silly but I tried to make constructive suggestions about how the OP
could work around the corporate restriction. He is very welcome here,
of course.

I wholeheartedly object to the assertion that this criticism was
motivated by Ian apparently not fitting into some idea of what a geek
should be. I don't know where you got that idea. I think it's an
unfair characterisation.

> I thought london.pm was an inclusive club. But what do I know?

I hope Ian will take the constructive criticism in the friendly spirit
which was meant.

/joel