Writing About Perl

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Tue Aug 23 12:48:09 BST 2011

On Tue, 2011-08-23 at 11:39 +0100, Dave Cross wrote:
> So, purely hypothetically...
>
> If a popular Linux magazine had given you the opportunity to write a
> 3000 word article giving a practical project-based demonstration of
> how Perl had moved on in the last ten years, what would you do? What
> would you write about?

10 years ago the popular view was the perl always ended up with an
unmaintainable code base and that it was not very easy to implement.

I'd suggest something to show how the use of CPAN makes it easy to
produce big projects without writing lots of code and that the code
produced is easy to maintain. I'd also consider doing something on top
of Plack and a popular web framework.