Writing About Perl

Dermot paikkos at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 23 14:16:38 BST 2011

> If a popular Linux magazine had given you the opportunity to write a 3000
> word article giving a practical project-based demonstration of how Perl had
> moved on in the last ten years, what would you do? What would you write
> about?

I was really impressed by the AutoCRUD but as someone's pointed out,
you run the risk of saying "Look we can do what others have been able
to do 10 years ago".

Some sysadmin might suit that target audience. I have heard talk of
perl on Android, that would be fun. Mobile apps are the rage and I'm
not sure the readers of a popular Linux magazine are going to be
interested in Moose+DBIC.
Dp.