Writing About Perl

Mark Fowler mark at twoshortplanks.com
Tue Aug 23 14:56:42 BST 2011

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 11:39 AM, Dave Cross <dave at dave.org.uk> wrote:

> If a popular Linux magazine had given you the opportunity to write a 3000
> word article giving a practical project-based demonstration of how Perl had
> moved on in the last ten years, what would you do?

I'd sit down and re-read Modern Perl from cover to cover and take
notes of things that are worth mentioning.

You've also got a chance to throw in some one liners here:

"Which I learned about at YAPC::Europe, one of Perl's annual conferences"
"I'm using Perl 5.14 (a new stable version of Perl is released on
average once a year)"

Mark.