Writing About Perl

Leo Lapworth leo at cuckoo.org
Tue Aug 23 18:11:32 BST 2011

On 23/08/2011 19:39, Dave Cross wrote:
>> > If a popular Linux magazine had given you the opportunity to write a
> 3000
>> > word article giving a practical project-based demonstration of how Perl
> had
>> > moved on in the last ten years, what would you do? What would you write
> > about?
That means it needs to go from nothing to a cool working program in less
> than 3000 words - taking in modern Perl and best practices en route.

How about extending something instead of starting from nothing?

Installing / using / extending Domm's App::Timetracker (
https://metacpan.org/release/App-TimeTracker) might make an interesting

He gave a talk about it at YAPC::EU

Source could do with a few more comments for my personal tast, anyway - just
an idea :)