Writing About Perl

Leo Lapworth leo at cuckoo.org
Tue Aug 23 18:11:32 BST 2011

On 23/08/2011 19:39, Dave Cross wrote:

>> > If a popular Linux magazine had given you the opportunity to write a
> 3000
>
>> > word article giving a practical project-based demonstration of how Perl
> had
>
>> > moved on in the last ten years, what would you do? What would you write
> > about?

That means it needs to go from nothing to a cool working program in less
> than 3000 words - taking in modern Perl and best practices en route.

How about extending something instead of starting from nothing?

Installing / using / extending Domm's App::Timetracker (
https://metacpan.org/release/App-TimeTracker) might make an interesting
article.

He gave a talk about it at YAPC::EU
http://yapceurope.lv/ye2011/talk/3391(slides:
http://domm.plix.at/talks/2011_riga_app_timetracker/)

Source could do with a few more comments for my personal tast, anyway - just
an idea :)

Leo