Writing about Perl FOR WEBDEVS

Mallory van Achterberg stommepoes at stommepoes.nl
Fri Sep 2 11:57:22 BST 2011

Leo,
I LOVE the Plack talk that went with those slides. As someone who does
no Perl, they were awesome, they made sense, and they were exciting.

Would love something that brought text to that, and selected slides
added as images/references. Also love that those diagrams show
many other Perl frameworks in existence as well as the different
servers (I had never heard of Starman before the talk).

The DB/ORM paper... I think the topic is a good example of something
to write about. I would like to make it "friendlier" (as in, starts
out with You're a web developer with such and such busy site and you
have a DB and you are crawling through SQl (or whatever, in other
words, the problem common to developers clearly stated), then on
to the meat of the article.

So I may try to think up topics that would make most sense for
these web dev forums (gonna ask the Programming Team over there
what kinds of common problems they/devs encounter and what kinds
of solutions they tend to use... because then we know which Perl
solutions are good to introduce/write about). I like that perl.org
has such a list.

cheers,
Mallory