Should I get my mum a Kindle?

David Dorward david at dorward.me.uk
Wed Sep 21 10:28:54 BST 2011

On 21 Sep 2011, at 08:04, Philip Newton wrote:
> (Are there
> stereos these days that can record to CDs or internal storage of some
> kind? For that matter, are there stereos that you can make them record
> something on a timer?)

I've got a Shuttle box with a DVB USB stick in it running MythTV which does that job. (And then I have a user script to dump radio programs to mp3 with an RSS feed which I subscribe to so I can listen on the train).

… not such a simple UI that I'd be happy setting one up and letting one of my parents loose on it though.

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk