Perl-friendly message queue-like system

Martin A. Brooks martin at antibodymx.net
Thu Sep 22 16:38:24 BST 2011

Hello,

> Given the use case is for statistical reporting on what an app has
> been
> doing, rrdtool does the entire job really simply with no need for any
> fancy queueing software at all.

The problem is not the database I store stuff in, it's getting stuff to the database in the first place.  The final data store will almost certainly be postgres, I see no reason to use anything else.

I don't want to use any kind of remote syslog as something then has to parse potentially quite a lot of unstructured data and then be idempotent if fed the same log again for some reason.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I shall take a look at each.

Regards

--
Martin A. Brooks
http://antibodyMX.net/ - antispam & antivirus email filtering.