Perl in shared hosting environments

Mallory van Achterberg stommepoes at stommepoes.nl
Fri Sep 23 10:34:29 BST 2011

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 05:18:52PM -0700, Tatsuhiko Miyagawa wrote:
> http://www.reddit.com/r/perl/comments/h6qqr/the_psgi_is_the_limit/ has
> an amusing comment thread about the performance and benefit of PSGI
> over existing wrappers like CGI.pm, started by "shi4" - you might need
> to click the thread to collapse to read the whole thread.

I read that, and while shi4 got a lot of downvotes and kinda looks like
he's arguing for argument's sake, this was excellent. His questions
really dig into what you can do with PSGI w/wo Plack... instead of
letting it get buried into reddit history, it ought to get copied
somewhere that talks about Plack/PSGI since it answers so much. This
guy was apparently willing to take downvotes to push his initial view
that he didn't see how all this was in any way better than CGI.pm etc.
Surely there are dozens of others who thought the same but wouldn't
post.

At least, I can see in the later posts where the guy really learned
something, and had had some misconceptions cleared up.

-Mallory