Perl Skills Test

Victoria Conlan vicky at comps.org
Tue Sep 27 14:14:22 BST 2011

>> At an interview with Auntie a few years ago, they gave me a Perl script
> and asked me to highlight all the problems/errors in it. Not sure if they
> were flattering me, but I found quite a few they didn't seem to be aware
> of......
>
> I've been on the other side of that interview. I was astonished by how bad
> the script was.

There are a couple of Perl tests at the beeb, but Dave will have been
subjected to the Numpty-filtering-test that was on our team.  Last set of
interviews I took, the person who wanted more money than we could offer was
the one who scored lowest.   Strangely, he didn't even seem to have good
Blagging skills.