Perl Skills Test

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Wed Sep 28 16:44:58 BST 2011

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 04:07:50PM +0100, Paul Tweedy wrote:

> I know three people (all good engineers) who lost their jobs this year
> and are struggling to find work, so I find it hard to complain about
> any sort of adjustment to my salary in the current climate.

I'm not sure how to respond to that, other than "it made me stop and think",
and "Yes, good point well made".

But it also made me think - that's not in London is it?
There seems to be a hiring frenzy at the moment. IIRC currently recruiting
are (at least) Net-A-Porter, Photobox, Venda, LOVEFiLM and
Dave's-bit-of-the-BBC.

(or if it is London, then is there a difference between "companies who say
that they are recruiting" and those that actually *are*?)

Nicholas Clark