Impending arrival

James Laver james.laver at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 08:35:55 BST 2011

On 3 Oct 2011, at 22:04, David H. Adler wrote:

> Since no one indicated an interest in joining me for the Curved
> Air/Caravan show on Saturday, I guess I will brave Shepards Bush by
> myself... Is there any reason for me to buy my ticket locally, when I
> arrive, rather than ordering online?

I'm mildly interested but far too disorganised to actually go get a ticket. There's a very good reason NOT to leave it to ordering in person though -- they'll either sell out or you get screwed at the door. If need be, you can have your ticket delivered to my shepherds bush address.

> More importantly, I would like to have a mobile phone while I'm over. My
> understanding is that I can pick up an inexpensive pay-as-you-go phone
> for the duration. Is there any particular carrier you would recommend
> (or, perhaps more importantly, would avoid)?

For the amount of time you're here, it doesn't matter, really. Get a 3 sim, put 15 quid on it and you get "unlimited" internet though. As always, make sure your phone supports the relevant GSM bands (I think all modern smartphones ship with support for everything, anyway these days, though I'm open to being corrected).

> Now, all I have to do is find a hotel to stay in, and I'm set.

Did you try booking.com yet?

/j