Impending arrival

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Fri Oct 7 11:15:03 BST 2011

On Tue, Oct 04, 2011 at 02:38:43AM -0700, Paul Makepeace wrote:

> My 3-supplied UK HTC Desire isn't picking up 3G in the US so I'm stuck with
> Edge (as, say GPRS would be). Not horrible, but still. By comparison my US
> Nexus One picks up 3G on both sides of the Atlantic.

I wouldn't touch 3, precisely because of nonsense like that.  Their
network is rubbish even in the UK - so much so that they have roaming
agreements *in the UK* - but roaming 3 customers don't get 3G.

Another reason to not use them is that their name is rubbish.

--
David Cantrell | Bourgeois reactionary pig

    Vegetarian: n: a person who, due to poor lifestyle choices,
      is more likely to get arse cancer than a normal person