Implementing a Queue in a process

Peter Edwards peter at
Tue Nov 22 07:48:22 GMT 2011

On 22 November 2011 07:16, Shantanu Bhadoria <shantanu at> wrote:

> Hey people,
> Here is a interesting problem that I am facing right now. I need to
> implement a process(in perl) that would sit and wait for someone to push
> tasks into its queue, each task consists of a set of information in its
> data structure w.r.t the task details.

Search back in the list archives. We discussed this at length in the past
"Good generic message queue interface, extensible by traits beyond the
default in-memory only model. Unfortunately, despite the numerous
message-queue modules and bindings (for beanstalk, stomp, rabbitmq, zeromq,
amqp, various hand-rolled modules) on CPAN, there are no interfaces between
them and AnyMQ on the CPAN."

bindings for message queue products

queue backed by database

multi-worker batch processing