Implementing a Queue in a process

Peter Edwards peter at dragonstaff.co.uk
Tue Nov 22 07:48:22 GMT 2011

On 22 November 2011 07:16, Shantanu Bhadoria <shantanu at cpan.org> wrote:

> Hey people,
> Here is a interesting problem that I am facing right now. I need to
> implement a process(in perl) that would sit and wait for someone to push
> tasks into its queue, each task consists of a set of information in its
> data structure w.r.t the task details.

Search back in the list archives. We discussed this at length in the past
year.

http://cpanratings.perl.org/dist/AnyMQ
"Good generic message queue interface, extensible by traits beyond the
default in-memory only model. Unfortunately, despite the numerous
message-queue modules and bindings (for beanstalk, stomp, rabbitmq, zeromq,
amqp, various hand-rolled modules) on CPAN, there are no interfaces between
them and AnyMQ on the CPAN."

bindings for message queue products
https://metacpan.org/module/Net::Stomp
https://metacpan.org/module/Net::RabbitMQ