Beware: NET-A-PORTER

Avleen Vig avleen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 05:26:33 GMT 2011

Hi Rudolf,

There a couple of NaP people on this list. I don't know if they can comment
though.
That said, I agree with Kieren.
The simplest answer is usually correct. I know it doesn't make a difference
to you as you feel jerked around, but NaP likely spent a lot of time and
money interviewing people, working out logistics, planning. This wouldn't
have been free for them to do.

It feels pretty crappy to be in your position - believe me I've been there
more than once.
I quickly learned that if you're unemployed, the right thing to do is take
the first offer you get (or, the first good one if you can get a few in
around the same time). Deal with the consequences of that later - at least
you'll be eating and sleeping soundly.

That said, if you're looking for work in the US, and you know PHP (sorry
perl guys :) ), we're hiring at Etsy.
Drop me a mail off-list if you're interested. And we're definitely up front
about things!