Beware: NET-A-PORTER

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 07:10:22 GMT 2011

On 9 December 2011 06:54, Rudolf Lippan <rlippan at remotelinux.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, December 08, 2011 at 11:23:35 PM, Kieren Diment wrote:
>> I suspect this is a symptom of the GFC rather than anything more sinister. I'm sorry you and your not-to-be colleagues appear to be friendly fire in this circumstance.
>

> I don't know if I buy that:
>

> 6 December 2011:
>
> "...Net-a-porte[sic] has decided not to build a team here
> in the US. Apparently it's half the cost for them to build a team in the
> UK vs. here in the US..."
>

> 7 December 2011:
>    http://jobs.perl.org/job/14442

> Company name:   Net-a-porter
> Internal ID:    Junior Perl Developer - New Jersey
> Location:       New York, NY, USA

Your recruitment agent could well be telling porky pies NaP, are a
pretty reputable outfit - anything you didnt hear directly from them
I'd take with a pinch of salt, and I'd never turn down another offer
without a written offer or signed contract, certainly not on the word
of a recruiter.

Could be worth re-applying directly to that ad, if you haven't just
marked your own card by your posts about them to perl lists

cheers,

Aaron J Trevena, BSc Hons
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk