Telecommuting

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Tue Dec 13 10:53:07 GMT 2011

On 12/12/2011 13:59, Simon Wilcox wrote:

> They were instead mainly using instant messaging tools and social
> networks like Facebook - and for most of them, when they joined Atos it
> was first time they had ever worked with internal email tools like
> [Microsoft] Outlook."

I've never used anything like Outlook either*, and I've never used its
calendaring stuff.

I do not, however, believe for one moment that recent graduates are
unfamiliar with email.  Even if only stuff like Hotmail or Gmail.  And
anyway, if they don't know how to use your tools, you train them.

* not entirely true. I used it for a year, it was ghastly and I used it
  as little as possible.

--
David Cantrell | semi-evolved ape-thing

  Languages for which ISO-Latin-$n is not necessary, #1 in a series:

    Latin