OT: Agile PM courses?

Peter Edwards peter at dragonstaff.co.uk
Mon Jan 9 23:38:12 GMT 2012

> > Any recs for Agile PM courses that can rubber stamp what I've been
> > doing for the last 2-3 years?
>
> I realise you may already have been stamped on by now :), but: last year
> we worked with an Agile coach & trainer from Rally and I found she was very
> practical / did a good job.  They do ScrumMaster certification:
> http://www.agileu.org/
>
> Again, as others have noted: experience is more useful than certificates.

I interviewed three PMs last week. One of them claimed to be a qualified
PRINCE2 practitioner but couldn't answer what parts of PRINCE are used to
manage risk. When pressed, he claimed that he had done it 5 years ago and
"maybe it was added since then" (funny how it was there 20 years ago in
original PRINCE). He also claimed to be a certified Scrum Master and when
asked what methodology to use for new product development with uncertain
requirements: "PRINCE, because it handles it better than Agile"  *cough*
So you see. I wish I could make it up, but I'm not.

-Peter