Laptop Recommendation

Smylers Smylers at
Mon Jan 23 18:47:12 GMT 2012

Joel Bernstein writes:

> On 23 January 2012 19:17, Smylers <Smylers at> wrote:
> > I realize that I stupidly omitted to state that I'll be running
> > Ubuntu on whatever I buy.
> Surely not on a Macbook Air though?

Yes. I'm currently running Ubuntu, on a laptop which needs replacing.
It's almost certain that whichever laptop I buy will come with an OS
other than Ubuntu, but I don't really care what that is.

> It ships with a far superior desktop OS.

Possibly (though I think that's subjective; I know people who've
switched each way). I'm not looking to change OSes right now though, and
would rather put up with the infelicities I'm used to rather than have a
whole bunch of unfamiliar ones inflicted on me.