Laptop Recommendation

Paul Makepeace paulm at
Tue Jan 24 15:57:05 GMT 2012

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 17:40, Philip Skinner <me at>wrote:

> Apart from the lack of a # key....oh and a crap enter key.

My solution here was to select the US layout option. It's very similar, but
without those two deficiencies you mention. Con is learning the combo for
£. (Shift-Opt-4 on Colemak; maybe Qwerty too)

Infact anything to do with actually typing is generally pretty crappy. Home
> and end don't function as nature intended (really really really annoying,
> until you change it).

OS X has ^A, ^E, ^K baked (afaict) into the OS (surprising number of people
don't know/haven't realised this!) Enjoy!