5 minimums for any perl script?

Greg McCarroll greg at mccarroll.org.uk
Sun Jan 29 22:26:23 GMT 2012

I'm afraid i'm going to be boring and suggest some business requirements.

In comments or pod, note the following:

When you are doing this (even if version control can tell people), and who you are.

Why? if there is a long worded document/spec, at least give its name. Check it in under version control even if your BOFH growls at you.

Who for? Sales, accounting, etc.  Name them.

Concerns/risks.

Basically build up a context of why you are about to unleash this script on the world that today might be a one off, but next year might be a nightly cron job.

G.