5 minimums for any perl script?

Dominic Thoreau dominic at thoreau-online.net
Mon Jan 30 13:46:13 GMT 2012

On 30 January 2012 13:04, Dominic Humphries <djh at thermeon.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 09:02:41PM +0000, Leo Lapworth wrote:
>
>> 2) all files to be perl tidied (ideally automatically)
>
> How do people recommend setting up automatic perltidy? I've been
> considering setting it up so vim would perltidy any time I save a file
> with filetype perl. Or maybe tying it to a git hook.

The issue I have with perltidy, nice as it is, is that just making it
a rule can be problematic with existing untidy code bases.

Untidy code + small change = unrelated blame attaches to unfortunate developer.

If you were writing new code, yes perl tidy is good, but you can't
always force it.
--
Nonnullus unus commodo reddo is mihi.
ABC*D1EFGHIJK2.LMNO3*4PQRST*ITUBE-STANDARD-ANTI-BULLSHEIT-EMAIL*U.56X