5 minimums for any perl script?

Gareth Kirwan gbjk at thermeon.com
Mon Jan 30 13:56:15 GMT 2012

On 30/01/12 13:46, Dominic Thoreau wrote:
> The issue I have with perltidy, nice as it is, is that just making it
> a rule can be problematic with existing untidy code bases. Untidy code
> + small change = unrelated blame attaches to unfortunate developer. If
> you were writing new code, yes perl tidy is good, but you can't always
> force it.

I envision one big "perltidy" commit to the codebase as the solution to
that.

I also generally strongly recommend that all commits should separate out
prerequisite changes from commits.
Fix indentation separately.
Rename a variable everywhere separately.
Now finish the code you were writing when you started that yak.