The proper way to open()

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Tue Jan 31 14:12:48 GMT 2012

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 01:42:05PM +0000, Peter Corlett wrote:
> On 31 Jan 2012, at 05:18, Avleen Vig wrote:
> [...]
> > This is the problem with TMTOWTDI.
> > There should just be one way to do it. Then we wouldn't have this problem.
>
> If you want Python, you know where you can find it.

Although, interestingly, PyPy have now raised enough money to start on their
Py3k plan:

http://morepypy.blogspot.com/2012/01/py3k-and-numpy-first-stage-thanks-to.html

So fairly soon one might have to decide which Python one wants to use -
Guido's, or PyPy's. Which would mean that There's More Than One Way To Do It.

:-)

Nicholas Clark

PS Happy birthday 5.8.8 - 6 today.