A new leader is born...

Dave Cross dave at dave.org.uk
Mon Apr 2 09:59:59 BST 2012

Quoting Leo Lapworth <leo at cuckoo.org>:

> Dear London.pm members,

[ snip ]

> A NEW LEADER!
>
> Tom Hukins (who was in London many moons ago, forgot himself
> and now has been reborn to the one true city) has agreed to take
> on the role of Leader (and I didn't have to bribe him nor nuffink)

There's been some off-list discussion about this email. Leo was so
keen to share the news with you that he forgot to check the date.

So please let me confirm that this was NOT an April Fool's trick. Tom
is really our new leader. And a damn fine leader he'll make too (he
had some practice for a few years at one of those obscure not-London
Perl Monger groups).

> So I'd like to be the first to congratulate him and wish him
> (and all of you) the best for the future.

So I'd like to be the second person to congratulate Tom on his
appointment. I'm sure that Leo has left us in really capable hands.

And I'd also like to be the first person to thank Leo for the work he
has put in over his time as leader. He's definitely in the top ten
leaders that london.pm has had :-)

Cheers,

Dave...

p.s. Right, so whose turn is it to move to the US next?