A new leader is born...

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Mon Apr 2 10:04:27 BST 2012

On Mon, Apr 02, 2012 at 09:59:59AM +0100, Dave Cross wrote:
> Quoting Leo Lapworth <leo at cuckoo.org>:
>
> >Dear London.pm members,
>
> [ snip ]
>
> >A NEW LEADER!
> >
> >Tom Hukins (who was in London many moons ago, forgot himself
> >and now has been reborn to the one true city) has agreed to take
> >on the role of Leader (and I didn't have to bribe him nor nuffink)
>
> There's been some off-list discussion about this email. Leo was so
> keen to share the news with you that he forgot to check the date.

It was sent in the afternoon.

This wasn't an April fool either:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-17576745

> p.s. Right, soa whose turn is it to move to the US next?

Or south of the river?

(Last week, with no foreknowledge of this impending transfer of power*
I noticed that all our ex-glorious leaders are either living south of
the river, or in (or moving to) the USA).

Prospective next leader victims beware - Tom is already living south of
the river, so he doesn't need any major logistics planning before going
"tag, you're it"

Nicholas Clark

* I'm really not sure what power the leader has. Mostly responsibility.
  And outgoings. But no pay.