[OT] Are there any Contracts roles open at the moment

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Wed May 2 21:19:07 BST 2012

On 1 May 2012 11:44, Dominic Thoreau <dominic at thoreau-online.net> wrote:
> On 1 May 2012 11:28, Dave Hodgkinson <davehodg at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have heard agents complaining that they interview contractors then make
>> permie offers, but this is hearsay.
> My current gig, I was told by the recruiter that of three identical
> positions, two were permanent and one was a fixed-term contract, but
> in practice it seemed to be the other way around. Still, the contract
> was renewed for another year.
> Apparently this is an attempt to bypass corporate accounting controls
> somewhat, as is the outsourced team...

Speaking of which - both my employer and Dominic's are recruiting perl
people (we're in cornwall, they're in london overlooking Tower Bridge
and the "Shard")

He gets a much better referral bonus than I do, but I'm only 15 mins
from some of the nicest beaches in the country ;p

Aaron J Trevena, BSc Hons