[OT] Are there any Contracts roles open at the moment

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Thu May 3 12:51:58 BST 2012

On 3 May 2012 12:31, Nicholas Clark <nick at ccl4.org> wrote:
> On Thu, May 03, 2012 at 12:00:27PM +0100, Dominic Thoreau wrote:
>> On 2 May 2012 21:19, Aaron Trevena <aaron.trevena at gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Speaking of which - both my employer and Dominic's are recruiting perl
>> > people (we're in cornwall, they're in london overlooking Tower Bridge
>> > and the "Shard")
>> >
>> > He gets a much better referral bonus than I do, but I'm only 15 mins
>> > from some of the nicest beaches in the country ;p
>
> And no hosepipe ban?

Yup - no hosepipe ban, and it was hot and sunny yesterday (and I
forgot a drink when I went for a lunchtime run so that made it less
fun).

One colleague had the sense to go for a nice bike ride through tehidy
woods (shade, blue bells, lake, rivers and ponds) up to the coastal
path atop the cliffs and beaches, while I was being grilled in an
oven-like valley with no nice cool breeze.

>> Wasn't sure we were still looking, but when I look on the intranet
>> apparently we are.
>> Still, the signing bonus is balanced by the fact that to the best of
>> my knowledge no one in this department actually knows anyone with perl
>> skills who's actually looking for work.
>
> Has your glorious employer actually mailed the job spec to the jobs list?

Nope, I've mentioned it to people tho so they'll probably get around to it soon.

> (I've lost track. Base don what Aaron said, I think it might be a "yes",
> else how did he know when you did not?)

I just know things ;)

Aaron J Trevena, BSc Hons
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk