Started getting list digests but I don't know why

Alex Balhatchet kaoru at
Fri Aug 3 12:38:43 BST 2012

On 3 August 2012 09:37, Alex Balhatchet <kaoru at> wrote:
> I've requested a password reminder *and* an unsubscribe at
> for that address. I
> didn't receive the password reminder email (yet?) The digests usually
> come through at 12:00 BST so will see whether I get one today.

FYI I did get another digest at 12:00 BST today.

I've just noticed that in the headers it actually says:

        by with ESMTPS id fu8si3222599igc.0.2012.
        (version=TLSv1/SSLv3 cipher=OTHER);
        Fri, 03 Aug 2012 04:02:17 -0700 (PDT)

Which means that despite it saying alex.balhatchet at it's
actually another forwarder that forwards to that address. Blargh my
email set up is stupid.

The good news is that I finally figured out what's up - and surprise
surprise it was my fault after all :-( :-P I had set up an
ex-employee's address as a forwarder to myself and he had previously
signed up for the digest list.

Many apologies for wasting everybody's time! Thanks for the debugging help guys,

- Alex