[OT] Prepaid mobile plans with data, possibly roaming

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Thu Aug 23 10:43:20 BST 2012

On 23 Aug 2012, at 07:22, Toby Wintermute wrote:
[...]
> I'll try VPNing back to my shell account and see what happens.. can't
> be any slower than 3G already is..

IME, this will make HTTP *faster* because it bypasses the bloody awful transparent proxies that mobile telcos insist on using to mangle web traffic.

It'll also stop said proxies from popping up the "we think you're trying to visit a porn site, so we've blocked it as an excuse to try and sell you our own soft porn service" page when you're visiting vile corrupting sites such as camra.org.uk.